Our superhero has been found!
4 October 2017
In the last week of July we put out a call for a superhero to help us design an A4 poster with an 'It's not ok to litter message' to help us clean up our district.
We had an overwhelming response with more than 200 entries and the quality was so outstanding it took us a little longer to judge than first thought.
It was not an easy task for our judging panel of Mayor David Trewavas, anti-litter campaigner Carol Lamb, and main sponsor Mark Gibson of Top Gear Cycles, to choose a winner but in the end there was one entry that stood out from the rest.
Read the full story here.
Check out the winning entries on our Facebook page.
We need a superhero!
14 September 2017
A big thank you to everyone who has submitted an entry to our Superhero competition. We have had an overwhelming response! This has delayed the judging process so we will now be announcing the winner the week ending September 29. We apologise for any inconvenience.
We want help with our war on litter! We want help from some young superhero to design an A4 poster with an 'IT'S NOT OK TO LITTER' message. Those ideas will be used to help us clean up our district. Please see the terms and conditions further below.
Superhero competition terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
- Promotion commences on Thursday, 13 July, 2017 and closes at 5pm on Friday, August 11, 2017 (Promotional Period) unless otherwise stated. Winners will be announced on Friday, September 1, 2017.
- The winner of the competition will receive a $400 kids bike voucher, kindly donated by Top Gear Cycles. Spot prizes will be drawn at random.
- The winner of the prize shall be chosen by a judging panel of members nominated by Taupo District Council (Promoter).
- Participants enter the competition by dropping their design to a Taupo District Council office or emailing email@example.com. All entries must be accompanied by the entrant's name, age and contact details.
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- This promotion is open to anyone under the age of 18.
- Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- Any images, dialogue or content that are deemed inappropriate will be deleted.
- One entry is permitted per person. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entry if all entries do not comply with these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to exclude entries which it reasonably believes to be used by a single person to facilitate multiple non-compliant entries to the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- In submitting their entry to Taupo District Council, participants consent to Taupo District Council using any images, tagline or radio script submitted in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Taupo District, and promoting any other activities, organised and/or supplied by Taupo District Council.
- If a participant's image or wording is selected to feature on marketing materials, they may be required to sign a release form.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, Taupo District Council, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Taupo District Council, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, Taupo District Council reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any statutory consumer protection laws. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, Taupo District Council (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Taupo District Council's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Taupo District Council) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Taupo District Council; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of prize.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, the winners (and companions, where applicable) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by Taupo District Council and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented at the time of entry. All entry instructions form part of the rules. Taupo District Council reserves the right to exclude a participant where it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant is in breach of, or is attempting to breach, these rules.
- Taupo District Council reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who Taupo District Council has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Taupo District Council's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Taupo District Council reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of age, identity and residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of Taupo District Council. Taupo District Council reserves the right to conduct security verification checks at its absolute discretion. Prize winners may be required to sign a declaration confirming their eligibility to accept the prize.
- Taupo District Council will collect claimants'/entrants' personal information in order to conduct the promotion. The winning entrants will be contacted personally.
- These Terms and Conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with New Zealand law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts to settle any such dispute or issues.