Community funding criteria
Before you complete a community grant application please refer to the sections below for information on what grants may or may not be used for, and for details on our eligibility criteria. Further details on eligibility and criteria are available in the PDF document below.
Community grants may be used for but are not limited to the following purposes:
- Materials & supplies
- Equipment and uniforms retained by club/organisation
- Advertising costs
- Venue or equipment hire
- Salaries & wages
- Operational costs
- Maintenance of equipment or facilities
Community grants may not be used for the following purposes:
- Capital improvements to facilities not owned by the applicant
- Food/catering for an event
- Services or projects seeking to promote commercial, political or religious objectives
- Costs associated with fundraising events where profits are redistributed to another group
- Debt servicing or repayment
- Legal expenses
- Medical expenses
- Public services that are the responsibility of central government (e.g. core education, primary health care)
- Purchase of alcohol
- Prize money
- Equipment and uniforms retained by individuals
Community grant applications must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applications cannot be made retrospectively.
- Community groups and individuals from within the Taupō district will be eligible to apply for community grants. (this includes high school students who may board outside the district)
- Community groups/ organisations from outside the Taupō district will need to demonstrate the benefit to the local community/ward that they are applying to.
- Individuals living outside the Taupō district will not be eligible to apply for a community grant.
- An applicant must advise if they are seeking or have received funding from another source and the purpose of the funding.
- Individuals applying for a grant are required to provide documentary evidence of the event they are attending or creating, the nature of their representative selection or event, i.e. who they are representing, how they were selected, type of event.
- Previous accountabilities must be completed within 1 month of project being completed.
- Applications must be fully completed
- Individuals are not required to attach personal financials
- Individuals are required to attach a budget
- Applications will not be accepted after the advertised closing date of any funding round.
- Community grant recipients must use their grant within 12 months of receipt unless prior approval is given by Taupō District Council.
- Please note that all applications (including any personal information supplied) for community grants are made available to the council/committee and the public.
- Any unused grants or portion of a grant must be returned to Taupō District Council.