Learn more about what types of projects are supported through Community Grants funding.
Please note the criteria shown below applies to all grants listed on our funds available page, with the exception of the Creative Communities Scheme and Sport NZ Rural Travel Fund which both have their own eligibility criteria, as shown on their respective pages.
Please be aware that all applications (including any personal information supplied) for community grants are made available to the council/committee and the public.
Community grant applications must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applications cannot be made retrospectively.
- Community groups and individuals from within the Taupō district will be eligible to apply for community grants. (This includes high school students who may board outside the district.)
- Community groups and organisations from outside the Taupō district will need to demonstrate the benefit to the local community/ward that they are applying to.
- Individuals living outside the Taupō district will not be eligible to apply for a community grant.
- An applicant must disclose if they are seeking or have received funding from another source and the purpose of the funding.
- Individuals applying for a grant are required to provide documentary evidence of the event they are attending or creating, the nature of their representative selection or event, i.e. who they are representing, how they were selected, type of event.
- Previous accountabilities must be completed within 1 month of project being completed.
- Applications must be fully completed
- Individuals are not required to attach personal financial information
- Individuals are required to attach a budget
- Applications will not be accepted after the advertised closing date of any funding round
- Community grant recipients must use their grant within 12 months of receipt unless prior approval is given by Taupō District Council
- All applications (including any personal information supplied) for community grants are made available to the council/committee and the public
- Any unused grants or portion of a grant must be returned to Taupō District Council
- Materials & supplies
- Equipment and uniforms kept by a club or organisation
- Advertising costs
- Venue or equipment hire
- Salaries and wages
- Operational costs
- Maintenance of equipment or facilities
- Capital improvements to facilities that you or your group do not own
- Food or catering for an event
- Services or projects seeking to promote commercial, political, or religious objectives
- Costs associated with fundraising events where profits are redistributed to another group
- Debt servicing or repayment
- Legal expenses
- Medical expenses
- Public services that are the responsibility of central government (e.g. core education, primary health care)
- Purchase of alcohol
- Prize money
- Equipment and uniforms kept by individuals or club members