Taupo Events Centre
About the Taupō Events Centre
As Taupō's largest indoor venue, the Taupō Events Centre (TEC) is widely recognised as a quality sporting and events facility. The complex is home to a large stadium, indoor rock climbing wall, spacious fitness studio and a versatile function room and club room.
The centre has the flexibility, versatility and quality staff to ensure an amazing experience. Located just five minutes from the Taupō central business district and adjoining the AC Baths, it is an ideal setting for local to international sporting events, concerts, meetings, banquet dinners, expos, trade and craft shows, and private functions.
If you wish to make a booking please contact us on 07 376 0899.
Normal opening hours
- Monday to Friday: 6am to 9pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 7am to 7pm
With 200 square metres of flat floor space, the stadium is a mutli-purpose venue that can host a range of events and functions.
Seating can be arranged in bleacher, theatre, banquet or classroom style and the floor can accommodate up to 2000 people.
- Three full-sized basketball courts, or one large centre court
- Three netball courts, or one large centre court
- Two indoor soccer areas
- Three courts of volleyball
- Ten badminton courts.
- Four large separate changing rooms capable of each holding a team of 15 (double as dressing rooms and toilets).
- Retractable bleacher seating capable of 432 people seating each side of the stadium.
- Mezzanine floor viewing area capable of seating 156 people on the north and south side of the stadium.
- East mezzanine* provides an extra viewing/display deck with room for a further 40 seats. (*ideal as a separate viewing platform for TV/radio/media).
Indoor court availability
The three court spaces can be hired for playing basketball, netball, volleyball, badminton and more. To plan ahead and make a booking for your next casual game with friends or a more serious hit out, please call our team on 07 376 0350.
A large versatile Function Room, with small adjoining kitchen, suitable for meetings, dinner or cocktail functions.
- Semi-circular room - 12m x 9m
- Large expanse of floor to ceiling windows
- Close proximity to the stadium (ideal as coaches/referees breakout room).
Adjacent to the stadium the Club Room is a versatile venue suitable for a variety of activities such as a headquarters for sports tournaments, a dressing room for bands or shows, as a registration area for expo's and shows, AGM's, or as a contained area for birthday parties.
- Size - 10m x 7m
- Adjoins the stadium
- Two toilets (male and female)
- Access to outdoors.
Capacity of stadium and rooms
|Total Floor Area
|109m2 (semi circle)