Alert Level information
Library services in Alert Level 2
Taupō District Libraries will remain open with reduced service levels under Alert Level 2.
Book return slots will remain open. View opening hours here.
You will be able to visit the library to borrow and return library items and collect holds but there will be no public computer service and all programmes, events and meeting room bookings are on hold.
Contact tracing will be in place, limited numbers will be allowed in the building at one time and social distancing and strict hygiene measures will be in place including quarantining of returned items.
- Borrowing: You will be able to borrow library items including books, magazines and DVDs.
- Holds: Our holds service is available. Please wait to be contacted before collecting your holds. You can place holds using our online catalogue or by contacting us. Usual hold fees will apply.
- Returns: You will be able to return books to our external book return slots during opening hours. After hours returns will be available at Taupō and Turangi Libraries.
- eBooks, eAudiobooks and Online Resources: Library members can download our e-Books, e-Audiobooks and many of our Online Resources for free. Find out more here.
- WiFi: Free, secure WiFi access will be available at Taupō, Turangi and Mangakino libraries 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Services on hold
- Public computers: Our APNK public computer service will not be available at Taupō, Turangi and Mangakino libraries.
- Meeting Rooms: We are not currently taking meeting room bookings.
- Programmes: All programmes and events are cancelled until further notice including Justice of the Peace drop-in sessions, Genealogy assistance, Computer help for seniors, Toddler Time - Taupo Library, Tiny Toes - Turangi Library, and Class visits.
Visiting your library
Here are some things that you can do to keep your visit to the library safe for you and others:
- Please do not visit the library if you feel unwell.
- Contact tracing is required at our libraries. You will be asked to carry out contact tracing procedures as you enter and leave the building.
- Plan what you want before you come and consider sending just one person from your household. You may want to check what’s available on our online catalogue before coming in.
- Please keep your visit short. Only a limited number of people will be allowed in the building at one time.
- Follow physical distancing guidelines and maintain a distance of 2 metres from staff and other customers both inside and outside of the building.
- Follow Covid-19 Hygiene advice including handwashing/sanitising and coughing/sneezing into your sleeve/tissue.
- If you have any concerns, please contact us ahead of your visit.
If you have any queries about your account or would like help using our online services, please contact us on 07-376 0899 or email email@example.com.
Not a member?
You can sign up online for a free, temporary Digital Only Membership which gives you access to our eBooks, eAudiobooks and Online Resources.
To join, complete the online membership form and select the Digital Only Membership option.