Taupō District Plan Changes 38-43
Taupō District Council is calling for submissions on a series of changes to the Taupō District Plan.
This is the first bundle in a series of plan changes aimed to ensure our Plan is operating as efficiently and effectivity as possible prior to the outcomes of the Resource Management Act 1991 Reform coming into force.
The first bundle of plan changes includes:
- Plan Change 38 (Strategic Directions) - New Strategic Directions chapter
- Plan Change 39 (Residential Building Coverage) - Increases permitted residential building coverage in most residential environments from 30% to 35%.
- Plan Change 40 (Taupō Town Centre) - Changes building height provisions for parts of the Town Centre, modifies temporary activity rule and clarifies verandah requirements over service lanes.
- Plan Change 41 (Deletion of Fault lines) - Deletes out of date fault lines from planning maps/eplan.
- Plan Change 42 (General Rural and Rural Lifestyle Environments) - Full review of the rural chapters and removal of the Mapara Valley Structure Plan.
- Plan Change 43 (Taupō Industrial Environments) - Zones additional land for Taupō Industrial Environment.
You can find links to the proposed Plan Changes and accompanying section 32 reports above. Below is also a copy of the public notice and the Background and Engagement Report which accompanies all the Plan Change Section 32 reports.
Submissions must be on the form prescribed in the Resource Management (Forms, Fees and Procedure) Regulations 2003 (Form 5) – this is available as an online form or downloadable form.
If you do not wish to use the online form, please use the downloadable form provided rather than creating your own. This ensures your form meets the relevant requirements. If necessary, a form can be printed for you at one of our customer service centres or libraries.
The closing date for Submissions on Plan Changes 38 - 43 to the Taupō District Plan is 4.30pm on Friday 9 December 2022.
If you have any questions about the plan changes, please email email@example.com or phone 07 376 0899.