Plan Change 42 – General Rural and Rural Lifestyle Environments
Plan Change 42 is a full review of the existing Rural Chapters within the Taupō District Plan. Some parts of the rural chapters have stayed the same but other parts have changed.
Some of the key changes to the rural chapters are:
- Creating a new Rural Lifestyle Environment from the General Rural Environment
- A new set of objectives, policies and rules for the Rural lifestyle Environment including relaxation of subdivision rules
- Allowance for minor dwellings
- Providing for primary production and rural industry
- More flexible papakainga provisions
- Removal of the Mapara Valley Structure Plan, Mapara Valley Environments and associated provisions.
If you live or own property in the rural environment (either general or rural lifestyle) we encourage you to read the complete plan change and if necessary seek advice from a planning expert. It should be noted that although provisions have been relaxed for aspects such as second dwellings and subdivision within rural lifestyle areas, there are may be site specific constraints that may limit development on individual properties. These could include aspects such as hazards, infrastructure availability, access, geothermal rules and natural values.