Whareroa North Plan Change
|Update July 2, 2020: Whareroa private plan change decision reached|
|A panel of independent commissioners has approved the rezoning of land in Whareroa North from Rural to Residential, as part of a private plan change application by The Proprietors of Hauhungaroa No 6. |
Read the full media release
Proposed Plan Change 36 to the Taupō District Plan - Request to rezone Rural Land to Residential at Whareroa North
What is a request for a private plan change?
The Resource Management Act 1991 (RMA) allows anyone to apply for changes to district or regional plans through a request for a private plan change. Part II of the First Schedule of the RMA sets out procedural matters for local authorities to follow in dealing with requests for plan changes.
Taupō District Council has accepted a request from The Proprietors of Hauhungaroa No 6 for Plan Change 36 which means that the plan change remains a private plan change with Council administering the process of notifying the plan change application.
The Plan Change request seeks to:
Rezone a 14.63ha area north of Whareroa Stream adjoining the existing Whareroa settlement. The area is zoned under the Operative Taupō District Plan as Rural Environment. The applicant is seeking a Residential Environment zone to enable a maximum of 160 dwellings with densities ranging between 500m2 to 1,100m2.
Map showing location affected by Plan Change 36
The decision has been released by Commissioners, and is available below for your information. The decision has not yet been formally notified under the Resource Management Act 1991. All submitters will be notified individually when this occurs.
- Whareroa North Plan Change Decision (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Appendix 1 - Amended Outline Development Plan (PDF, 1.8MB)
- Appendix 1 - TDP text and Map C29 (PDF, 2.1MB)
- Appendix 2 - Decision on Submissions (PDF, 438KB)
The Hearing for Plan Change 36 took place on June 17 and 18, 2020.
Procedural minutes from the Hearings Panel can be found in the documents below:
- Procedural Minute 1 (PDF, 400KB)
- Procedural Minute 2 (PDF, 331KB)
- Procedural Minute 3 (PDF, 191KB)
- Procedural Minute 4 (PDF, 331KB)
- Procedural Minute 5 (PDF, 397KB)
- Council Memo - Request to defer Hearing (PDF, 101KB)
- Proponent Memo - Response to deferring Hearing (PDF, 138KB)
- Procedural Minute 6 (PDF, 473KB)
- Procedural Minute 7 (PDF, 330KB)
- Meeting notice (PDF, 185KB)
Enquiries about this plan change can be directed to Hilary Samuel, phone (07) 376 1591 or email email@example.com.
Further submissions closed on 20 March 2020. Thank you for the submissions received.
- Summary of Decisions Requested by Submitters (PDF, 345KB)
- Addresses for correspondence (PDF, 145KB)
- Copy of the full submissions (PDF, 7MB)
- Public notice of Summary of Decisions Requested by Submitters (PDF, 204KB)
- Public Notice Plan Change 36 (PDF, 510KB)
Plan change documents
Infrastructure, roading and bridge
The s42A report (known as the planner’s report) is required under the RMA and provides an analysis of the information provided by the applicant and any submissions.
Appendix 2: Cheal Consultants Preliminary Stormwater Assessment report (DOCUMENT LATER REPLACED 21 OCTOBER 2019 - see section below)
Appendix 3: Updated Whareroa North Concept Plan (DOCUMENT REPLACED 21 OCTOBER 2019 - see section below)
Attachment 3: Revised Whareroa North Concept Plan (DOCUMENT REPLACED 21 OCTOBER 2019 - see section below)
Attachment 4: Cheal Consultants memo on stormwater matters (LATER REPLACED BY REPORT OCTOBER 2019 - see section below)