Sport and Recreation survey
Sport and Recreation Strategy adopted
The sport and recreation survey closed on 24 July 2022 and was followed by public consultation on a draft Recreation and Sport Strategy in February and March 2023. Thank you for all of the feedback received.
The Recreation and Sport Strategy was adopted at a council meeting on Thursday 27 April.
Council is undertaking a Sport and Recreation Network Strategy and we need your input to plan for our future. We want to provide the community with the best and most useful resources in our parks and reserves.
We would like to know if you use our community network of parks, reserves and community buildings.
- How do you use parks and reserves?
- What benefits do you get from using them?
- What barriers cause you to not use our local parks, reserves and community buildings?
Your feedback is important information to us and will help guide our strategic planning of our parks and reserves over the next 10 years and how Council better invests in these facilities.
Everyone who completes the survey will go in the draw to win prizes including pool passes, gym memberships and tickets to the show 'TINA Simply the Best' at the Great Lake Centre.
Your privacy is important to us and we take our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020 (the Privacy Act) and the information privacy principles in the Privacy Act seriously. Getting privacy right is fundamental to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers and stakeholders. This Privacy Statement has been prepared in accordance with our obligations, and your rights under the Privacy Act.
Our privacy statement sets out how, and why the Taupō District Council collects and stores your personal information, what we will use it for and with whom we can share it, and how you can access or correct your own information.
We may update this Privacy Statement to ensure we keep up with changes to our business and reflect changes to the Privacy Act.
By entering this competition, entrants (“you”) are deemed to have read, understood, and accepted the following Competition Terms and Conditions. These terms and conditions apply unless otherwise stated.
- Council will select winners randomly from all valid entries or by prize draw from all print entries.
- Any entries received before Tuesday 7 June 2022 or after 4.30pm Sunday 24 July 2022 will not be accepted.
- You promise that all information that you submit is true, current, and complete.
- You may enter the competition if you are a Taupō District resident aged 15 years or over.
- You may enter only once, unless otherwise stated.
- Council may disqualify you if you do not comply with these terms and conditions.
- Council is the organiser of this competition. This competition is not in any way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, any social media channel used to promote the competition.
- You agree to release any social media channel from all claims and demands arising out of, or in connection with, its participation in any promotions or with any of the prizes offered via its channel.
Entries, selection and prizes
- Winners may not redeem a prize for cash, or transfer a prize to any other person, or use a prize in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- If a prize or part of a prize becomes unavailable, Council may limit entry, cancel or change the prize (including providing a substitute prize of lesser or equal value) if Council wishes.
- Council’s decisions in relation to the competition are final and Council will not engage in any correspondence about them.
- Unless a law applies that cannot be excluded, Council and its employees and agents will not be legally responsible for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
- Council will announce winners via email.
- If you are a winner, Council will make reasonable efforts to notify you within 5 working days of the draw using the contact details you provide.
- If for any reason Council is unable to notify winners within 5 working days of the draw, a replacement winner will be drawn on the same terms and conditions as the original draw, and the previous winner will forfeit their prize
- If for any reason any winner does not claim their prize within 5 working days of notification, Council will draw a replacement winner and the previous winner will forfeit their prize.
- Council may decide to remove a prize offer if the first, or any subsequent prize draw, does not result in a prize being claimed. That is, Council will not draw prize winners ad nauseam and Council reserves the right to close any competition without a prize being successfully awarded.
- Council may decide to cancel the competition at any time.
Future Promotion & Privacy
- By entering the competition, you agree to Council freely using your name and/or your image/video/content for publicity and promotional purposes both now and in the future.
- As a condition of a prize, Council may use photos of winners for promotional purposes.
- All information you give will be collected, used, stored, disclosed and corrected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You may access your information and request for any personal information to be corrected.
- These people may not enter the competition:
- Anyone who works for Council or an immediate family member of Council staff.
- Anyone who works for any agencies, companies or other third parties associated with the competition.
- Council may refuse to award a prize if the winner is in breach of these terms and conditions, or has gained an unfair advantage in participating, or has won by using fraudulent means.
- Council will not be legally responsible for any loss, damage, costs or injury you suffer as because of or in connection with the competition.
- Council may amend or change these terms and conditions without notice at any time.
- Council may extend, postpone or cancel a competition without notice at any time.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.