Contracting to Council
Commitment to health and safety
Taupo District Council wants to work with contractors who support health and safety practices that keep their workers and others safe from risks. The Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA) places a duty on a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) to take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that contractors, subcontractors and their workers are not harmed while undertaking any work.
Taupo District Council will assist contractors in understanding health and safety practices, and will work together to consult, co-operate and coordinate efforts in regard to risk management. Our aim is to work together to prevent harm to our workers.
Ko au, ko koe, ko tāua - You, me, us together.
Consult, cooperate and coordinate
Representatives, clients, contractors and subcontractors all have a primary duty of care to manage health and safety. When working with other businesses (PCBUs) there are overlapping responsibilities to manage health and safety.
All PCBUs must, so far as is reasonably practicable, consult, co-operate with, and co-ordinate the management of risks involved with doing the work.
Health and Safety is everyone's responsibility: Ask questions, share information, identify risks and suggest ideas.
Health and safety environmental contractor management procedure
- TDC Contractor Health and Safety Handbook 2018-2019 - with appendices (PDF, 10.1MB)
- TDC Contractor Health and Safety Handbook 2018-2019 - without appendices (PDF, 1MB)
- Appendix 1 - Health and Safety Policy (PDF, 54.7KB)
- Appendix 2 - Health Safety and Environmental Agreement (PDF, 375.4KB)
- Appendix 3A - Job Safety Analysis template (PDF, 171.2KB)
- Appendix 3B - Sample JSA for Playground dismantle (PDF, 628.6KB)
- Appendix 4A - Safe Work Method Statement description (PDF, 140.7KB)
- Appendix 4B - Safe Work Method Statement template (PDF, 475.9KB)
- Appendix 4C - Sample SWMS Trenching (PDF, 511KB)
- Appendix 5 - TDC Task Specific Contractor Induction (PDF, 115KB)
- Appendix 6 - Contractor Pre-start Site Safety Inspection (PDF, 222.7KB)
- Appendix 7 - TDC Drug and Alcohol Policy (PDF, 439.6KB)
- Appendix 8 - Risk Matrix (PDF, 60.7KB)
- Appendix 9 - High Risk Work - Competency Reference (PDF, 66KB)
- Appendix 10 - Contractor Monthly Performance Report (PDF, 2.7MB)
Council tenders and proposals on TenderLink
Taupō District Council advertises all tenders and proposals on the online tendering system TenderLink
If you would like to participate in any Taupō District Council tenders or proposals, you will need to register on the TenderLink platform. To register free of charge on this platform, please send through the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- GST number
- Business name (legal entity name)
- Postal address
- Contact name
- Contact email
- Phone number
- Business market (e.g: plumbing, consultation, construction, etc)
Council will carry out the procurement of works, goods and services in a manner that will support our community outcomes, agreed levels of service, organisational goals, strategic challenges and values.
For more information on procurement, contracts and tendering please email email@example.com.