Mangakino-Pouakani Representative Group
The Mangakino-Pouakani ward is represented by a group which reports to Taupo District Council. The group comprises the mayor, three district councillors and three community-appointed representatives and meets every two months.
Membership of the Mangakino-Pouakani Representative Group is:
- Mayor David Trewavas
- Councillor Kirsty Trueman (Chairperson)
- Councillor Barry Hickling
- Councillor Tangonui Kingi
- Lisa de Thierry
- Mark Seymour
- Memory Te Whaiti
Terms of Reference
The Mangakino-Pouakani Representative Group can consider matters which affect the ward. The scope of its activity is to:
- Provide local input into the development of Council policy that will impact on the Mangakino-Pouakani ward.
- Maintain an overview of service delivery, operational and capital expenditure, within the Mangakino-Pouakani ward.
- Prepare an annual submission to Council's budgetary process for expenditure within the community
- Consider matters referred by Council concerning the ward.
- Communicate with the Mangakino-Pouakani community, community organisations and special interest groups.
|Tuesday, March 19||10am||Boardroom, Mangakino Service Centre|
|Tuesday, May 21||10am||Boardroom, Mangakino Service Centre|
|Tuesday, July 16||10am||Boardroom, Mangakino Service Centre|
|Tuesday, September 17||10am||Boardroom, Mangakino Service Centre|
|To be advised.|
Workshops are held at the Mangakino Service Centre, unless indicated otherwise.
*Please note: workshops start times and content are subject to change.