Emergency Management Committee
The Emergency Management Committee meets quarterly, or as required.
Meeting location: Council Chamber, 107 te Heuheu Street in Taupō.
|Monday 3 April 2023||11am|
|Monday 15 May 2023||11am|
|Monday 7 August 2023||11am|
|Monday 20 November||11am|
Membership of the Emergency Management Committee is made up of one Tūrangi-Tongariro Ward community representative, one Mangakino Ward community representative and two other representatives (two of these four positions must be filled by councillors), plus one Māori representative and the Mayor.
- Cr Anna Park (Chairperson)
- Mayor David Trewavas
- Cr Sandra Greenslade (Tūrangi-Tongariro Ward community representative)
- Cr Danny Loughlin
- Cr Kirsty Trueman (Mangakino Ward community representative)
- Tyronne (Bubs) Smith (Māori representative)
Governance and Terms of Reference
The objective of the Emergency Management Committee is to provide governance and oversight of Civil Defence Emergency Management within the Taupō District.
Scope of activity
- To receive updates on the Emergency Management areas of activity across reduction, readiness, response, and recovery.
- To receive progress reports on how hazards and risks are managed in our district to align with the Waikato Civil Defence Emergency Management Group Plan.
Power to act
- The Committee has the power to resolve only on matters relating to emergency management in a non-declared emergency.
- The Committee has the power to exercise any other powers that are necessary to give effect to the Waikato Civil Defence Emergency Management Plan.
- External representatives appointed to the Committee have full voting rights.
- If any matter is of such strategic or policy importance or urgency, then, with the endorsement of the appropriate Chairperson or His Worship the Mayor, the matter shall be referred direct to Council.
Terms of Reference
To see the full Terms of Reference for the Emergency Management Committee and all other council committees, refer to the Terms of Reference and Delegations for Council Committees adopted on 15 November 2022.