Taupō Airport Authority
Membership of the Taupō Airport Authority is made up of two councillors, two business representatives and the Mayor.
- Chris Johnston (Chairperson; business representative)
- Cr Duncan Campbell
- Cr Yvonne Westerman
- Mayor David Trewavas
- Chris Grace (business representative)
The Taupō Airport Authority meet every two months.
Meeting location: Conference Room - Taupō Airport, Anzac Memorial Drive, Taupō.
|Monday 17 April 2023||10.30am|
|Monday 26 June 2023||10.30am|
|Monday 11 September 2023||10.30am|
|Monday 30 October 2023||10.30am|
Workshops are held as required and these are generally open to the public, unless there is a reason for public to be excluded. As they are not formal committee meetings, no agendas and minutes are generated.
Workshop location: Conference Room - Taupō Airport, Anzac Memorial Drive, Taupō.
|Wednesday 5 April 2023 - CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC*||10.30am||Landing fees|
* Note the LGOIMA grounds for this workshop to be held with public excluded are contained in ss 7(2)(h) and (i) (commercial activities and negotiations).
Governance and Terms of Reference
The objective of the Taupō Airport Authority (TAA) Committee is to ensure that the maintenance of the Taupō Airport assets and core infrastructure will be effectively managed and will ensure full compliance with Civil Aviation Authority Rule Part 139.
Taupō Airport Authority Committee’s primary goals are to operate the Airport on a sustainable commercial basis, optimise the use of its assets and ensure the ongoing safe and successful operation of the Airport.
Scope of activity
- To maintain facilities to avoid any diversion or cancellation of scheduled flights other than for weather or airline problems ▪ Operate the airport in such a way as to continue to hold CAA Part 139 Certification
- Manage health and safety risks and provide a safe and healthy environment for everyone affected by the activities of the airport including employees, customers, tenants, contractors and visitors
- Ensure the airport is self-funding in terms of its own cash flow
- Continually review performance targets to reflect the future growth and development of the airport’s services and operations
Power to act
- The Committee’s role is to govern and provide oversight of the operations of the airport and issues of safety. Any individual expenditure of capital or maintenance nature greater than $10,000 requires Crown approval prior to being expensed or committed.
- External representatives appointed to the committee have full voting rights.
- If any matter is of such strategic or policy importance or urgency, then, with the endorsement of the appropriate Chairperson or His Worship the Mayor, the matter shall be referred direct to Council.
Terms of Reference
To see the full Terms of Reference for the Taupō Airport Authority and all other council committees, refer to the Terms of Reference and Delegations for Council Committees adopted on 15 November 2022.