Taupō East Rural Representative Group
Membership of the Taupō East Rural Representative Group is made up of the Taupō East Rural Ward Councillor, two other Councillors, two community representatives, one Māori representative and the Mayor.
- Cr Kylie Leonard (Chairperson)
- Mayor David Trewavas
- Cr Danny Loughlin
- Cr John Williamson
- Mark Wynyard (community representative)
- Patrick Hart (community representative)
- Evelyn Forrest (Māori representative)
The Taupō East Rural Representative Group meet every two months at different venues around the Taupō East Rural Ward.
|Thursday 16 February||9am to 10.30am||River Road Community Hall, Reporoa - Meeting Cancelled*|
|Thursday 4 May||11am||Rangitaiki Community Hall, Rangitaiki School Road,
|Thursday 22 June||11am||Wairakei Community Hall, Kauri Road, Taupō |
|Thursday 19 October||11am||River Road Community Hall, River Road, Reporoa|
|Thursday 7 December||11am||Rangitaiki Community Hall, Rangitaiki School
*At the request of the Chair Cr Kylie Leonard this morning (15 February), the decision has been made to cancel this meeting due to roading and power issues around the district caused by Cyclone Gabrielle. We will reschedule the meeting and the new date will be added to the website once it is agreed upon.
Governance and Terms of Reference
The objective of the Taupō East Rural Representative Group is to represent and act as an advocate for the interests of the Taupō East Rural area.
Scope of activity
- Providing local input into the development of Council policy that will impact on the Taupō East Rural Ward (TER Ward).
- Maintaining an overview of service delivery, operational and capital expenditure, within the TER Ward.
- Providing local input into the development and review of Council’s key planning documents such as the Longterm Plan, Asset Management Plans, Structure Plans, Reserve Management Plans and the annual plan.
- Preparing an annual submission to Council’s budgetary process for expenditure within the community.
- Considering and reporting on all matters referred to it by Council or any matter of interest or concern to the TER Ward.
- Communicating with the rural community, community organisations and special interest groups within the TER Ward.
Power to act
The group can carry out any function that:
- Supports Council’s Long-term Plan and/or policy direction
- Is not the function or responsibility of full Council or its other standing or special Committees
- Is not prohibited by legislation
- Otherwise falls within the objectives and scope of the group
Terms of Reference
To see the full Terms of Reference for the Taupō East Rural Representative Group and all other council committees, refer to the Terms of Reference and Delegations for Council Committees adopted on 15 November 2022.