Turangi-Tongariro Community Board
The Turangi-Tongariro Community Board represents the interests of the Turangi-Tongariro ward. It has a membership of eight: six elected community board representatives and two district councillors, and meets once a month on the second Tuesday at 1pm (with the exception of December and January when no meetings are held).
The Turangi/Tongariro Community Board is a statutory body with
responsibilities, duties and powers delegated to it by Taupō District
Council. Refer to sections 49-54 and clause 32 of Schedule 7 of the Local
Government Act 2002 for more information about community boards, including
their status, role and powers.
The role of the Turangi-Tongariro Community Board is to:
- Provide local input into the development of Council policy that will impact on the Turangi-Tongariro ward
- Maintain an overview of service delivery, operational and capital expenditure, within the Turangi-Tongariro ward including the consideration of both financial and non-financial reporting
- Provide local input into the development and review of Council's key planning documents such as the Long Term Plan, Asset Management Plans, Structure Plans, Reserve Management Plans and the Annual Plan
- Prepare an annual submission to Council's budgetary process for expenditure within the community
- Consider and report on all matters referred to it by Council or any matter of interest or concern to the ward
- Communicating with the Turangi-Tongariro community, community organisations and special interest groups within the Turangi-Tongariro ward.
|Tuesday, May 14||1pm||Turangi Service Centre|
|Tuesday, June 11||1pm||Turangi Service Centre|
|Tuesday, July 9||1pm||Turangi Service Centre|
|Tuesday, August 13||1pm||Turangi Service Centre|
|Tuesday, September 10||1pm||Turangi Service Centre|
|Tuesday, May 14||11.30am to 12.30pm||Transport Strategy and Draft Water Supply Strategy|
Workshops are held at the Turangi Service Centre, unless indicated otherwise.
*Please note: workshops start times and content are subject to change.
Sister City Relationship
The Turangi-Tongariro Community Board has a Sister City friendship with the village of Kitashiobara, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan.
Turangi-Tongariro Community Board members
TE TAKINGA NEW
Phone: 021 0291 4186
Phone: 021 082 50622
Phone: 027 432 2335
Phone: 021 0293 8138
COUNCILLOR TANGONUI (TONG) KINGI
Phone: 021 253 3343
COUNCILLOR MAGGIE STEWART
Phone: 021 036 8035
WALLY VAN DER AA
Phone: 021 980 373
ANDY HEMA (resigned April 2019)
Phone: 021 246 0793