Council committee structure and portfolios confirmed
Taupō District Council has confirmed its committee structure and portfolios for the next three years.
Portfolios give councillors responsibility for particular focus areas of importance to the district, where they can take an active leadership role within the community.
The portfolios and the councillors who will be responsible are:
- Economic and Business – Deputy Mayor Christine Rankin and Cr Kathy Guy
- Sport and Recreation – Cr Kevin Taylor
- Youth – Cr Anna Park
- Older Persons – Cr John Boddy
- Arts & Culture – Cr Yvonne Westerman
- Environment – Crs John Mack and John Williamson
- Mangakino – Cr Kirsty Trueman
- Community Safety – Crs Tangonui Kingi and Kevin Taylor
- International Relations – Cr Anna Park
The structure for 21 committees has also been set. The committee memberships include councillors, Māori and other external representatives. The council appointments include:
- Risk and Assurance Committee - Mayor Trewavas (ex officio), Crs Rankin, Park, Williamson, Mack.
- Emergency Management Committee - Cr Park (Chairperson), Crs Trueman, Taylor, Kingi, Mayor Trewavas (ex officio).
- Kinloch Representative Group - Cr Guy (Chairperson), Crs Westerman, Williamson, Mayor Trewavas (ex officio).
- Mangakino/Pouakani Representative Group - Cr Trueman (Chairperson),Crs Leonard, Westerman, Mayor Trewavas (ex officio).
- Taupō East Rural Representative Group - Cr Leonard (Chairperson), Crs Boddy, Park, Mayor Trewavas (ex officio).
- Taupō Reserves and Roading Committee - Cr Williamson (Chairperson), Deputy Mayor Rankin, Crs Boddy, Guy, Park, Taylor, Westerman, Leonard, Mayor Trewavas (ex officio).
For full information including all committee appointments, please head to https://www.taupodc.govt.nz/council/meetings