Confirmed case of Covid-19 in Taupō
Following yesterday’s news that COVID-19 was found in the Taupō wastewater system, we have now had confirmation from the Medical Officer of Health that there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 in Taupō.
Locations of interest are not yet available, however you can check the Ministry of Health’s website throughout the day as they will be uploaded as soon as they are available.
It is more important than ever to follow COVID-19 health measures including wearing face coverings, using the COVID-19 tracer app, practicing good hand hygiene and social distancing.
If you have any symptoms, please get a test.
Testing locations and hours:
- Testing hours at the Taupō Community Testing Station have been increased and it is open today and tomorrow from 9am to 3pm.
- A pop-up testing station in the Taupō Events Centre carpark will be open on Saturday 13 November from 2pm to 4pm and again on Sunday 14 November from 8.30am to 3pm.
- You can also get a test in Turangi by heading to the Turangi Community Health Centre carpark between 10am and 2pm today or 11am to 1pm tomorrow, where you will be directed appropriately.
COVID-19 vaccinations are available in the following places:
COVID-19 Immunisation Hub is at 6/29 Totara Street Taupō and is open for drop-ins as follows:
- Saturday 13 November: 8.30am – 4.30pm
- Sunday 14 November: 8.00am – 4.00pm
Additional locations for vaccinations:
- Saturday 13 November: 9am to 1pm Taupō Health Centre, 113 te Heuheu St, drop-in
- Saturday 13 November: 10am to 2pm Tutemohuta Community Hall, Waitahanui drop-in, spot prizes, kai – thanks to Tūwharetoa Health Charitable Services
- Saturday 13 November: 10am to 2pm Turangi Community Health Centre
- Sunday 14 November: Tauhara suburb, Taupō, call Tūwharetoa Health 0800 Whariki
- Sunday 14 November: 5.30pm to 7.30pm Unichem MainStreet Pharmacy, Tongariro St, book in.
- Sunday 14 November: 11am to 1pm Turangi Community Health Centre