The Annual Report is a key public accountability document that compares Council's actual performance for the year against the forecast in the Annual Plan.
2017/18 Annual Report
Our 2017/18 Annual Report outlines the services, key projects and initiatives we undertook over the past 12 months, where money was spent, and how we performed as an organisation.
The 2017/18 financial period was quite a year for Council. Along with maintaining $1.1 billion of assets we:
- supported 150 local community groups with grants and workshops
- issued 1355 building consents
- inspected 68km of wastewater pipes to reduce sewer overflows into Lake Taupō
- dealt with 1149 animal control complaints
- collected over one million refuse bags from the kerbside and diverted 23,882 tonnes of waste from landfill
- installed five enviropods to catch litter before it enters Lake Taupō
- kept rates increases well below the Long-term plan forecast.
GDP growth for the district continued to track strongly, unemployment rates declined, and the number of building consents issued was well above the national average.
Check out our summary or full Annual Report to find out more.
2017-18 Annual Report - full document
2017-18 Annual Report - summary document
Past Annual Reports