EasyPay (Direct Debit)
More and more people are choosing to pay their rates the easy way. By completing the online Direct Debit Form
you too can join rates EasyPay, a direct debit system that means your rates payments will automatically be deducted from your bank account.
The advantages include time saving, no hassle with postage and there are no worries about being late and incurring penalty charges. The payments are made directly to the council from the bank account you nominate and at a frequency - weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly or annually - that suits you. Each year your payments will automatically be reviewed and any changes will be run by you. For your records the rates invoices will continue to be sent out.
Internet or Telephone Banking
You can use Internet or telephone banking to pay your rates. To ensure your payment is allocated to the correct account please include the following details when making your payment/s:
Bank Account Name: Taupo District Council
Bank Account Number: (BNZ) 02-0428-0220004-000
Particulars: Valuation number
Code: Account / Ratepayer name
This credit card (Visa or MasterCard) payment service is provided by Datacom New Zealand Limited, in agreement with us. To ensure your payment pays the correct invoice, and to avoid late payment penalties please pay each account separately.
- We charge a surcharge of 0.953 per cent plus 12 cents per transaction to cover our reasonable costs in providing this online credit card payment service.
- You should check with your card issuer for details about fees or changes that may also apply as this credit card transaction is carried out in terms of their arrangement between you and your card issuer.
- All overpayments or incorrect payments made from your credit card will be refunded to your nominated bank account on a mutually agreed date.
- The name that will appear on your statement will be "Taupo District Council".
- Terms and Conditions apply to use of this service.
You can arrange an automatic payment from your bank account to us. You will need to ensure the amount that you set it up for will clear your quarterly rates balance or you may incur a late payment penalty. If you would like to set up automatic payments for your rates weekly, fortnightly or monthly please contact us and we will help you calculate how much you need to pay.
To start paying by automatic payment, simply fill in the Automatic Payment Form and drop it into your bank.
Pay in Person
You can call into your local council office to pay by cash, cheque or EFTPOS.
View our office locations and opening hours here.
Post a cheque
You can post a cheque payment with your account information, using the prepaid envelope provided with your rates bill. Please note that we do not accept post-dated cheques.