Clean Up Week Competition 2022
About the competition
We are very proud to have been recognised as the Most Beautiful Large Town by Keep New Zealand Beautiful in the most recent annual Beautiful Awards.
This year Keep New Zealand Beautiful Clean Up Week is kicking off on World Clean Up Day – Saturday 17 September and will run through until Friday 23 September 2022.
To celebrate, Taupō District Council is encouraging local schools and students to get involved with the Clean Up Week all-schools competition.
Celebrate Papatūānuku and our beautiful district with a litter collection challenge with your school and classmates between the school week 19 – 23 September. The Clean Up Week all-schools competition is a great opportunity make a positive impact in your local community.
Clean Up Week all-schools competition information sheet (PDF, 56KB)
Registration and entry
Schools within the Taupō District should register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Competition entries must be submitted to email@example.com by 5pm on 30 September 2022.
A huge shout out to everyone in the community for their hard mahi looking after the place we love!
Winners will be selected and notified by 7 October 2022.
Five prize winners will be chosen based on merit to receive a prize from the following:
- Largest litter weight collected: $200 Mitre 10 MEGA gift card sponsored by Mitre 10 MEGA Taupō
- Largest area covered: Pizza Party ($250 value) sponsored by Two Mile Bay Sailing Club
- Highest percentage of participants within school: McDonald’s vouchers for all participating students sponsored by McDonald’s Taupō
- Best photo competition: $100 PAK’nSAVE gift card sponsored by PAK’nSAVE Taupō
- Anti-litter poster competition: $100 PAK’nSAVE gift card sponsored by PAK’nSAVE Taupō
Competition terms & conditions
Clean Up Week – All-Schools Competition 17-23 September 2022
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
- By entering the competition, you agree to these terms and conditions.
- Any decisions made by Taupō District Council regarding any part of the promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Taupō District Council reserves the right to amend, change or cancel the promotion and/or the terms and conditions of the promotion at any time.
- The promotion is open to Taupō District residents only.
- Participants enter the competition by sending photos that are approved for sharing, any litter poster entries, and information about your pickup to Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The info we want to know is:
- School name
- Number of students that participated in the pickup
- Total number of students on roll
- Weight of rubbish collected (For an estimate use the following calculation: # of rubbish bags * 7 kgs = ____)
- Areas covered
- Competition entries must be submitted to email@example.com by 5pm on September 30th. Winners will be selected and notified by October 7th.
- Five prize winners will be chosen based on merit to receive a prize from the following:
- 1. Largest litter weight collected = $200 Mitre 10 MEGA gift card sponsored by Mitre 10 MEGA Taupō
- 2. Largest area covered = Pizza Party ($250 value) sponsored by Two Mile Bay Sailing Club
- 3. Highest percentage of participants within school = McDonald’s vouchers for all participating students sponsored by McDonald’s Taupō
- 4. Best photo competition = $100 PAK’nSAVE gift card sponsored by PAK’nSAVE Taupō
- 5. Anti-litter poster competition = $100 PAK’nSAVE gift card sponsored by PAK’nSAVE Taupō
- In the case of a tie for any of the categories, all eligible school names will be placed into a draw and the winner will be selected at random.
- The prize winners must collect their prize from Taupō District Council.
- The winner will be notified by Taupō District Council via email. Where attempts to contact the winner fail, Taupō District Council reserve the right to select another winner.
- Taupō District Council reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or lesser value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives, in whole or in part.
- By accepting the award, the prize winner acknowledges that their name and photograph may be used by Taupō District Council for publicity purposes.