Alert Level 2 information
At Alert Level 2 our facilities will have the following restrictions, as per the government guidelines at this level:
- Mandatory contact tracing
- Physical distancing of 2-metres
- Face coverings required (unless exercising)
- A maximum number of 100 people in any area
These numbers could potentially be lower depending on the ability to keep 2-metres apart within specific areas of our facilities. With safety a priority, we will also not be accepting cash during Level 2.
This will be a challenging time for us all over the next few weeks, but we are happy to be able to offer these services to our members and the community.
Thank you in advance for your patience - we look forward to seeing you soon!
At Alert Level 2 our general pools are open.
We will have signage in place to communicate all of the visitor limits at level 2. These include:
100 person limits
- Indoor 25 lane pool and surrounds
- Learn to Swim pool and surrounds
- Leisure pool and surrounds
- Outdoor 25 lane pool and surrounds
Our shower facilities will be open, however the Taupo Swim Club room, BBQ’s, group bookings and visits, hydroslides, private pools, the sauna and inflatables will all be unavailable during Level 2. Some areas will be unavailable during Level 2.
Squads and lane swimmers
Please adhere to the following regulations during Level 2:
- A maximum of six swimmers per lane, with 2m distancing strictly applied in lane
- No end of lane gathering
Public lane swimmers will have a maximum of four swimmers per lane with 2-metre distancing strictly applied, however we very rarely see more than two people per lane in pools even at peak times.
Please be aware, while swimming, people will pass in close proximity. Lifeguards will continuously convey message and alert people if rules not followed.
- Maximum of 15 people in the studio at any given time. Please keep your workout to 1-hour.
- Maximum of 25 people per gym class.
- Please ensure you are abiding by your 2-metre social distancing and wearing a mask from entry of venue until you start exercising.
- Masks are to be worn from your entry into the venue until you start exercising or your class begins.
- Please ensure you bring your water bottle and towel; our water fountains are unavailable, however bottle refills will be available.
- Our kids room will be closed.
Rockwall guidelines at alert level 2
- Two-metre social distancing will apply, and we will cater for a maximum of 18 people at one time. Due to this, we will have a one hour time limit on climbing time.
- Masks must be worn from entry until you start climbing and all belayers must wear masks.
- No spectators or loose chalk please. We will have no shoe or chalk hire available during Level 2.
- To keep everyone safe we are asking all to sanitise at the climbing wall on entry and between climbs. No bare feet between climbs please and remember your water bottle and towel – our water fountain will not be available.
Guidelines for climbing classes in term 4
If we are at level 2 with 100 people capacity in indoor venues, we will treat Chalkies as one bubble and allow no casual entries to climb at the same time (3.30pm-5pm). The Stalactites will also be a bubble with no casuals onsite (5pm-7pm).
If we are at level 2 with 50 people capacity in indoor venues, we will revert back to 1 hour climbing slots as per term 3 format.
After 7pm on Mondays & Thursdays, the rockwall will remain at 18 people maximum onsite with 2 metres social distancing in place - as it will be a mix of members and casual users.
Please continue to wear a mask on entry and while belaying, and follow our other Covid guidelines, as above.
If Covid level 1 - normal rockwall rules apply.
If Covid level 3 or 4 - rockwall will be closed.
Swim School lessons commences Monday 13 September with protocols in place to manage this area.
Please refrain from pre or post lesson dips in the leisure pool.
- During classes, 2-metre distancing will apply with a maximum of 15 people in our Aqua Shallow and 28 people for Aqua Deep.
- Please ensure you wear a mask from entry of the venue until you start exercising.
- Bottle refills will be available, but it is best to bring your own.