Busking and street activities
Buskers and street activities
Permission to busk in public places must be sought from us and neighbouring shops where the buskers intend to perform.
Our permission is not required for private properties such as Countdown, Pak 'n' Save and The Warehouse.
- Buskers must specify the dates they intend to perform. The maximum number of consecutive days permitted is five.
- Buskers must ensure that no one has the area booked for the same period. Give us a call on 07 376 0899 to confirm availability.
- Buskers must fill in an application form. No fees are required.
- Buskers must contact us if they wish to use Clem Currie Court outside Westpac Bank.
- Activities outside Clem Currie Court must enhance Horomatangi Street and the surrounding businesses. This area features seating and a power point.
There are no parking exemptions for buskers.
Street appeals, stalls, sausage sizzles
Street appeals, hawking, stalls and sausage sizzles may only be held for charitable purposes.
You must get signatures from adjacent shop owners.
- Flyers may not be placed under car windscreen wipers as they cause litter and parking problems.
- Ensure that no one has the area booked for the same period.
- Phone customer services on 07 376 0899 to confirm availability.
- A parking exemption for one car may be granted to allow ease of storage for stall stock. The exemption slip must be displayed on the dashboard of the vehicle.
For more information see our Tips for a Safe Sausage Sizzle.