You can make payments to us online using a Visa or Mastercard.
- Pay your rates
- Pay a parking fine
- Pay your dog registration
- Pay your water account
- Pay for a building consent, resource consent or other debtor account
Please note our Council offices can not take credit card payments.
- We charge a surcharge of 0.95 per cent plus 12 cents per transaction to cover our reasonable costs in providing this online credit card payment service. Please be aware the surcharge for online credit card payments is being waived until further notice.
- You should check with your card issuer for details about fees or changes that may also apply as this credit card transaction is carried out in terms of their arrangement between you and your card issuer.
- All overpayments or incorrect payments made from your credit card will be refunded to your nominated bank account on a mutually agreed date.
- The name that will appear on your statement will be "Taupo District Council".
- Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this service.
- This credit card payment service is provided by Datacom New Zealand Limited, in agreement with us.
Pay by internet banking
You can make a payment using Internet banking. To ensure your payment is allocated to the correct account, please reference the correct details as specified on your invoice.
Bank account name: Taupo District Council
Bank account number: BNZ 02-0428-0220004-00
Particulars: Valuation, debtor or infringement notice number
Code: Customer surname or vehicle registration number (if a parking infringement payment)
Reference: Type of payment i.e. Rates, Building, Parking, Dog, Water etc.
Swift code (for overseas payments): BKNZNZ 22
Pay in person
You can call into your local council office to pay by cash, credit card or EFTPOS.
Pay over the phone
You can now pay over the phone. It’s easy, just give us a call on +64 7 376 0899 or 0800 ASK TDC Monday to Friday, between 8am and 5pm. It would be helpful if you had your valuation, debtor or infringement notice number handy.
Rates direct debit (EasyPay)
More and more people are choosing to pay their rates the easy way. By completing our online direct debit form you too can join rates EasyPay, a direct debit system that means your rates payments will automatically be deducted from your bank account.
Direct debit online form (EasyPay)
The advantages include time saving, no hassle with postage and there are no worries about being late and incurring penalty charges.
The payments are made directly to the council from the bank account you nominate and at a frequency - weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly or annually - that suits you.
Each year your payments will automatically be reviewed and any changes will be run by you.
For your records the rates invoices will continue to be sent out.
Rates automatic payment
You can arrange an automatic payment from your bank account to us.
You will need to ensure the amount that you set it up for will clear your quarterly rates balance or you may incur a late payment penalty.
If you would like to set up automatic payments for your rates weekly, fortnightly or monthly give us a call on 07 3760899 and we will help you calculate how much you need to pay.
To start paying by automatic payment, simply fill in the automatic payment form and drop it into your bank.