Restaurants and Cafes
Taupo town centre has footpath areas available for outdoor dining at the following locations:
- Horomatangi Street
- Corner Heuheu and Ruapehu Street
- Tuwharetoa Street
- Roberts Street
- Tables and chairs be adjacent to the shop frontage and not on the kerb edge.
- All sandwich boards and display of goods must be located either at the building edge or the kerb edge for the entire length of the premise being advertised and leave a minimum width of 2.5 metres of clear covered pavement or 2 metres of clear covered pavement in identified laneways.
- That a minimum of 2.5 metre clear width for footpath/pedestrian access way.
- Separators (bannisters, potted plants etc.) must be used to separate the outdoor dining area.
- Tables and chairs must be removed from the footpath each day.
- The area of the footpath that is utilised for outdoor dining must be kept clean and tidy.
- If liquor is intended to be served in the outdoor dining area, ensure the appropriate consents are obtained. You can find out more on our alcohol licenses webpage.
To apply for a Licence to Occupy for Outdoor Dining contact us on 07 376 0899.
Retailers in the CBD are permitted to display goods on the footpath adjacent to their shop frontage providing they occupy no more than one metre width of the footpath.