We are a stakeholder in a range of groups established by regional and central government and have a non-controlling interest in many community organisations.
Any organisation where one or more local authorities control any proportion of the voting rights, or where a local authority has the right to appoint one or more directors or trustees is a 'Council Organisation'.
Under the Local Government Act 2002 these organisations are generally grouped into three main types:
- Council Controlled Organisations (CCOs)
- Council Controlled Trading Organisations (CCTOs)
- Council Organisations
Current Council Organisations
- Bay of Plenty Local Authority Shared Services
- Destination Great Lake Taupo
- Local Authority Shared Services
- New Zealand Local Government Funding Agency Ltd
- Taupo Airport Authority
Appointments to Council Organisations
The Appointments to Council Organisations (PDF 212 KB) document provides a complete list of the organisations Council makes appointments to, what the organisations do, who has been appointed, the term they are appointed for, reporting requirements and the name of the council staff member to contact if you have any questions.
All appointments are covered by Council's Appointment and Remuneration of Directors Policy 2017 (PDF, 126KB).
Half Yearly Reports
- BOPLASS Half Yearly Report 2017 (PDF, 361.4KB)
- DGLT Half Year Report Dec 2017 (PDF, 1.1MB)
- EGLT 2017-18 Quarterly Report (PDF, 266.6KB)
- LGFA Half Year Report Dec 2017 (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Taupo Airport Authority Half Yearly Report 2017 (PDF, 767.4KB)
- WLASS Six Monthly Report 2017 (PDF, 1.4MB)
Annual Report Documents
- BOPLASS Limited Annual Report 2016-2017 (PDF, 16MB)
- DGLT Annual Report 30 June 17 (PDF, 1.8MB)
- LGFA Annual Report 30 June 2017 (PDF, 2.1MB)
- LTPT Annual Report 30 June 17 w Audit Notes (PDF, 2MB)
- Taupo Airport Authority Audit AR Year Ended 30-06-2017 (PDF, 21.9MB)
- WLASS Annual Report 30 June 2017 (PDF, 9.1MB)
Statement of Intent Documents