We are a stakeholder in a range of groups established by regional and central government and have a non-controlling interest in many community organisations.
Any organisation where one or more local authorities control any proportion of the voting rights, or where a local authority has the right to appoint one or more directors or trustees is a 'Council Organisation'.
Under the Local Government Act 2002 these organisations are generally grouped into three main types:
- Council Controlled Organisations (CCOs)
- Council Controlled Trading Organisations (CCTOs)
- Council Organisations
Current Council Organisations
- Bay of Plenty Local Authority Shared Services
- Co-Lab (Waikato Local Authority Shared Services)
- Destination Great Lake Taupō
- New Zealand Local Government Funding Agency Ltd
- Taupō Airport Authority
Appointments to Council Organisations
All appointments to Council organisations are covered by our Appointment and Remuneration of Directors Policy 2022 (PDF, 114KB)