|TAUPŌ DISTRICT LIBRARIES OPEN AT LEVEL 2|
All Taupō District libraries now open with reduced service levels and hours
Read below for more information.
Library services in Level 2
Services level information
- Borrowing, returns and holds are available as normal
- There will be no public computer service
- All programmes and events cancelled
- Meeting rooms are not available for bookings
- There will be reduced opening hours more here
Contact tracing will be in place, limited numbers will be allowed in the building at one time and social distancing and strict hygiene measures will be in place including quarantining of returned items.
Items checked out to you:
All loans which
would have been due during Alert Level 4 and Alert Level 3 lockdown have been
extended until 30 June 2020.
Please be aware fines and fees for items borrowed prior to lockdown will not apply for the period the library was closed.
From Monday 18 May, normal lending periods, fines and fees apply.
All programmes and events are cancelled until further notice including:
- Justice of the Peace drop-in sessions
- Genealogy assistance
- Computer help for seniors
- Toddler Time - Taupo Library
- Tiny Toes - Turangi Library
- Class visits
Visiting your library
Here are some things that you can do to keep your visit to the library safe for you and others:
- Please do not visit the library if you feel unwell.
- Contact tracing is required at our libraries. You will be asked to carry out contact tracing procedures as you enter and leave the building.
- Plan what you want before you come and consider sending just one person from your household. You may want to check what’s available on our online catalogue before coming in.
- Please keep your visit short. Only a limited number of people will be allowed in the building at one time.
- Follow physical distancing guidelines and maintain a distance of 2m from staff and other customers both inside and outside of the building.
- Follow Covid-19 Hygiene advice including handwashing/sanitising and coughing/sneezing into your sleeve/tissue.
- If you have any concerns, please contact us ahead of your visit.
eBooks, eAudiobooks and Online Resources
Library members can download our e-Books, e-Audiobooks and many of our Online Resources for free.
Find out more.
Free, secure WiFi access will be available at Taupō, Turangi and Mangakino libraries 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Not a member?
You can sign up online for a free, temporary Digital Only Membership which gives you access to our eBooks, eAudiobooks and Online Resources.
To join, complete the online membership form and select the Digital Only Membership option.
If you have any queries about your account or would like help using our online services, please contact us on 07 376 0070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About our libraries
There is something for everyone at our district libraries in Taupo, Turangi and Mangakino.
Members have access to an extensive collection of books (including e-Books and e-Audiobooks), DVDs, archives, magazines, online resources, speciality databases and more!
Friends of the Library
Find out about and join the Friends of the Library.
Genealogy and Family History resources, links, events and contacts.
Generosity New Zealand
Access Generosity New Zealand for free from home, school, office or the library.
Your online place for storing and sharing cultural and heritage resources and knowledge.
Check out our great range of e-books, e-audiobooks and fun online activities and games now available for kids.
Answer your frequently asked questions about our library membership, facilities, services and more.
Access your library account online to view items you have on loan, renew an item, request and review books, and more!
Membership and fees
Find out how to join our libraries and see a list of our membership and borrowing fees, replacement card fees and other fees.
News and events
Find out what's on at Mangakino, Taupo and Turangi Libraries.
Free access to online speciality databases of health resources, funding programs and much more.
Suggest to buy
Are you looking for a book that we don't have? Make a suggestion for purchase.
Latest books, games and resources for study, health and wellbeing.