For advice on disposing hazardous substances or in the event of an accident involving small amounts of household pesticides, flammable goods, etc. contact us on 07 376 0899.
We are responsible for ensuring that a health nuisance does not exist where hazardous substances are involved. This may include response to a spill or maintaining information on contaminated properties.
The Environmental Protection Authority are the governing body for hazardous substances but many other organisations administer the Hazardous Substances New Organisms Act 1996.
To dispose of any hazardous substance contact us. We are able to accept small quantities of household substances. Commercial quantities of waste will need to be disposed of elsewhere, including the disposal of asbestos containing materials.
Dangerous goods are generally dealt with by Environmental Protection Authority.
- Work place - Occupational Safety and Health
- Public places, poisoning investigations - Public Health
- Transport, emergency - fire, police, ambulance - refer to your local telephone book.
- Environmental concerns - Environment Waikato
- Radioactive substances- National Radiation Laboratory
- EPA - Environmental Protection Authority