|Alert Level 1 update|
|With the welcome return to Alert Level 1, it’s business as usual at the AC Baths, Fitness Studio and Indoor Rockwall. Restrictions on the number of people allowed into the facility for social distancing purposes have been removed. For a quick summary of things to be aware of around our facility under Alert Level 1 click here.
The Fitness Studio at the Taupō Events Centre is a partially manned fitness facility with a wide range of cardio and resistance equipment.
At the Fitness Studio our aim is to create an environment that is safe, welcoming and enjoyable for all members and visitors. With this in mind, we ask our members and visitors to follow a few simple guidelines:
Behaviour and dress
- Be considerate and respectful to all members and staff.
- Wear clothing that is appropriate and comfortable to exercise in - no jeans, bare chests or items of clothing that may be offensive or intimidating to others. As a minimum, shorts and a singlet should be worn.
- Wear appropriate sports footwear. No bare feet, open-toe sandals, jandals or work boots are allowed.
- Bring a towel to place on equipment, mats and benches. Please use the cleaning products provided to wipe down after use.
- Feel free to bring your own headphones to listen to music of your choice, but please please don't play your own music through speakers. We have background music playing at all times.
- Treat all equipment with respect. Return free weights to the correct locations. Do not purposely drop free weights or machine stacks. You may be asked to pay for equipment you damage through careless use.
- It's up to you to keep your personal belongings safe - we encourage you to leave your gear in the lockers available. Please do not leave your personal belongings on the gym floor.
- We encourage the use of mobile phones for the likes of exercise apps and personal videos. Please don’t photograph, film, or otherwise record other members or gym staff without their consent, and the prior consent of management. Use of phones in changing facilities is strictly prohibited.
Membership tags and entry
- Bring your membership tag each time you visit. Note that your tag is exclusively yours and is not transferable. If you forget your tag you must report to our customer service desk to gain entry.
- On entry into the Fitness Studio, please familiarise yourself with the emergency button above the water fountain, to be used in the case of an emergency.
For a comprehensive list of all our rules and policies, please see our customer service desk for a copy.
Please note the minimum age to join the Fitness Studio, or visit for a casual workout, is 16 years of age.